An improper equipment (IE) is a non-moving violation that results in zero license points and zero insurance points. An IE is considered one of the best reductions in North Carolina. This type of reduction can save you hundreds of dollars in insurance costs and it can also save your license from being suspended.
In order to be qualified for an improper equipment reduction in North Carolina there are several factors the District Attorney will consider:
· You were going less than 20 miles over the speed limit (speed is less than 85 mph)
· No prior IE used within the past 3 years
· No more than 1 ticket in the past 3 years
· No more than 3 tickets in the past 10 years
· If under 21 years old, you must complete a driver safety course
· Provide a driving record for the past 5 years from the NC DMV. If you currently or have resided is another state in the past 5 years you must also provide a driving record from that state
By hiring an attorney you would not have to appear in court for a minor traffic citation. Court costs for an improper equipment are $266. Our experienced attorneys would be helpful in getting you the best deal possible.
If you have gotten a speeding ticket in Wake, Chatham, Durham, Orange or Johnston County and believe you qualify for an improper equipment please give us a call at 919-650-2851 for a free consultation.