Dismissed Charges Through a Deferral Program

The first question for many people looking for a criminal defense lawyer is “How do I get my case dismissed under First Offense?”

How Do I Get My Case Dismissed?

The first question for many people looking for a criminal defense lawyer is “How do I get my case dismissed under First Offense?” The goal for most people who enter the courthouse for the first time is (1) a dismissal and (2) an expungement of all public records.

Our first question for potential clients revolves around guilt or innocence. We are an aggressive criminal defense law firm and exercise all legal options for our clients. When your future and reputation are at stake, an experienced Raleigh Criminal Attorney makes your rights a priority. We will walk you through your legal options and talk about how a trial will work. In cases where the evidence is on our side, the Wake County District Attorney’s Office can agree to dismiss a case ahead of trail.

In other cases there are different deals that involve a dismissal in exchange for doing something such as taking part in First Offenders Programs which include taking alcohol/drug classes as part of a deal for a dismissal. In some cases it could mean a deal for community service for a dismissal. Those first offenders deals usually range from 6-12 months and involve a dismissal and then an expungement for our clients when they stay out of trouble, pay the costs and successfully complete the required action.

The law now allows for unlimited dismissal and not guilty expungements for most people in North Carolina. So if the case results in a dismissal or a not guilty verdict then it’s likely that an expungement is an immediate option. The only real prohibition against dismissal and not guilty expungements involves clients who have active criminal cases or convicted of a felony. So if you don’t have a felony conviction on your criminal record or an active criminal case you’re likely eligible for an expungement of the charges as soon as the case is dismissed. The first step in figuring out how you may be able to get your case dismissed involves calling a Raleigh Criminal Defense Attorney today.

Get Help From Our Criminal Defense Lawyer to Get Your Case Dismissed

We serve Wake, Chatham, Orange, Durham, and Johnston Counties.

Contact us at (919) 650-2851 for a free consultation with our Law Firm.

Contact Us Today!

Let us know how we can help you by contacting us today for a free consultation. Call (919) 650-2851 or fill out the form below to get in touch.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Do I Need a Lawyer for a Speeding Ticket?

Do you need an attorney for your Raleigh speeding ticket?

First Offender’s in Wake County

How can you get your case dismissed in Wake County?